Get fresh veggies all winter long! In the cold and dark months, we can still grow awesome goodies like spinach, kale and radishes. Growing extra in the summer allows us to store things in the root cellar just for you too!
Titus Farms Winter CSA
Sign Up is mid-October to November
What's in the Share?
Winter Shares are one share size, equivalent to a Standard Share, taking 7 items each time. Here's what we intend to offer:
- From our Root Cellars
- Celeriac, Rutabagas, Leeks, Kossack Kohlrabi, Cabbage, Garlic, Onions, Potatoes, Sweet Potatoes, Sunchokes, Popcorn, Winter Squash and Brussels Sprouts.
- Fresh from the Hoophouse
- Lettuce Mix, Swiss Chard, Spinach, Parsley, Cilantro, Curly Kale, Dinosaur Kale, Collard Greens, Red Russian Kale, Radishes, Hakurei Turnips and Beets.
- Other Goodies Offered
- Dried Shiitake Mushrooms, Homemade Jam, Dried Peppers and Herbs.
How it works
Farmers market style distribution. Winter items are offered in Standard Share amounts e.g. "Take 1 bunch" or "Take 1 box"
- Amounts of root-cellar crops are finite.
- We intend to offer a fresh green every distribution but, if temps drop too low for too long we may choose to forego our fresh options for awhile.
- No "splitting" a share but, they can be purchased in duplicate.
Winter CSA Details
- 12 Distributions, once a week on roughly alternating weeks, November-April
- Time: Thursdays, 4:30-6:00
- Location: East Lansing
- Cost: $310
Add-Ons for Winter
This list will be updated as shares are offered.
Egg Shares from Titus Farms
Our eggs are freshly laid from our own on-farm chickens. In the winter, they're primarily fed our non-GMO grain and weeds taken from the hoophouse. Just as in the summer, cleaned eggs are distributed by the dozen in unmarked, recycled packages.
- $4.25 per dozen
- Any number of dozen(s) can be offered at each pick-up, just tell us how many you'd like!
Payment Options for Winter
- Cash or Check Options
- Please send in payment within 10 business days of filling out the online form or by November 10 (whichever comes first) to secure your spot.
- Pay in Full or Half Payments
- Half payments are due at sign-up and on/by January.
- First check must be for 50% or more of the total owed.
Send payment to:
Titus Farms, 3765 Meridian Rd. Leslie, MI 49251
Please make check payable to Titus Farms