What Titus Farms Grows
- Beans: Green, Yellow, Purple and Dried
- Brussels Sprouts
- Cabbage: including Napa and Bok Choy
- Cauliflower and Romanesco
- Corn: bi-color sweet corn and popcorn
- Cucumbers: Pickling and Slicing
- Garlic and Garlic Scapes
- Herbs: Basil, Cilantro, Dill, Mint, Oregano, Parsley, Sage, Stevia and Thyme
- Husk Cherries (a tomato relative)
- Kale: Curly, Dinosaur, Red Russian and Siberian
- Kohlrabi: spring green, purple and storage Kossack
- Melon: Muskmelons (Cantaloupe), Watermelons and Piel de Sapo
- Onions: sweet and storage
- Peppers: multiple varieties of hot and sweet
- Summer Squash including Zucchini
- Sweet Potatoes
- Tomatoes: Regular Red, Cherry and Heirloom
- Winter Squash
<-- This list is, of course, very dependent on the weather. The CSA is an important relationship for us so, you get first dibs!
What's in a Share?
Traditionally, CSAs have their members take a box of pre-packed vegetables, filled with whatever the farm has in abundance. While this option provides for a faster pick-up, members lose the ability to choose. Instead, we decided to have a Farmers Market style distribution. You get to choose the vegetables you’d like to take home, out of a seasonal assortment, within the boundaries of each week. Here's the gist of our CSA process:
- Check in with the Farmer in Charge by telling us your last name.
- Look for the big board telling you how many "items" in total to take.
- Each type of veggie (an "item") has a sign telling you how many pieces of that veggie you can take.
- Pick out the veggies you want and take only what you're allotted for your share size.
- Done! Go home and enjoy your freshly harvested vegetables!
DO NOT TAKE EVERYTHING ON THE TABLE. Taking too much means you're taking from another family.
A Share Example
The following are examples of what a Standard Share member received in one week
Early season share (June/July): 1 (1/3lb.) bag of lettuce mix, 1 quart of broccoli, 1 head of romaine or bibb lettuce, 1 quart of new potatoes, 1 (1/2lb.) bag of garlic scapes. Value at Farmers Market: $16
Peak season share (August/September): 1 quart of tomatoes, 1 eggplant, 1 quart of potatoes, 6 ears of sweet corn, 2 heads of garlic, 2bell peppers, 1 quart of green beans. Value at Farmers Market: $19.50
Late season share (Late September/October): 2 winter squash, 1 (1/2lb) bunch of swiss chard, 3 onions, 2 leeks, 1 stalk of brussels sprouts, 1 bunch of radishes, 1 Kossack kohlrabi, 2 celeriac. Value at Farmers Market: $20.50
- A Large Share would receive double this amount each week (i.e. all the "1"s become “2”s)
- An Every-Other-Week Share member would receive the Standard Share example above on alternating weeks, June-October.
But, when do I get Sweet Corn?
Here's our helpful little infographic (that you'll see again when you sign up) to help you with all those questions!